Hyperacidity and Heartburn
Hyperacidity and heartburn is an uncomfortable burning sensation in the chest. It is a common condition which affects our digestive system. Hyperacidity and heartburn should not be confused with any heart diseases, because it also occurs in the same chest location.
Hyperacidity can be a condition, cause by an excessive production of digestive acids. Symptoms of heartburn and hyperacidity are not conditions in themselves, but occur as symptoms of bad eating habits or maybe lifestyle.
Since, hyperacidity and heartburn are correlated with each other; these often occur simultaneously and can be cured by same home remedies.
Home Remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables: Eat loads of bananas, water melons and cucumbers as these lower the sensation of heart burn.
2. Avoid unripe food: Avoid unripe fruits and vegetables as it contains large quantities of pectin. Pectin is an enzyme that contributes towards hyperacidity and heartburn.
3. Aloe Vera juice: Aloe Vera Juice is another natural home remedy which is used to soothe the wind pipe, which is irritated because of acidity.
4. Clove and cardamom: Such these raw spices to find instant and natural relief from acidity.
5. Herbal tea: Herbal tea leaf that contains spearmint plus licorice is quite advantageous in this condition.
6. Mint: Intake of mint leaves is most beneficial remedy to alleviate acidity. You can chew fresh mint leaves or add them to your beverages.
7. Apple cider vinegar: Consumption of fresh apple cider vinegar mixed with honey in a glass of water, before your meal reduces the probability of acidity.
8. Quit smoking: If you smoke, then try to quit as soon as possible. Nicotine, a component in smoking cigarettes, can destroy the lower esophageal sphincter, a band of lean muscle at the end from the esophagus. It is responsible for closing the flap of esophagus that prevents acidic contents of the stomach from going into the wind pipe.
9. Cumin: Boil water with a teaspoon of cumin seeds in it. Drain this water and drink with meals. This will help reduce hyperacidity.
10. Healthy lifestyle: Maintaining a healthy way of life, like ample sleep, good diet, exercise etc. reduces the production of excessive acid in the stomach.
11. Don’t self-medicate: Usage of drugs like aspirin, diclofenac salt and medicines should be restricted.
12. Coconut water: Drinking coconut water is an excellent solution to prevent stomach acid.
13. Milk: Drinking chilled milk works well for relieving hyperacidity and heartburn by reducing the burning sensation caused by access acid.
14. Jaggery: Consuming 10grams of jaggery every day assists in curbing your acid reflux.
15. Cabbage: Cabbage juice works well for reducing acid.
16. Ginger: This spice is usually a good treatment for heartburn and hyperacidity. Add it in your meals or brew in your tea.
17. Avoid Heartburn triggering factors: Always foods and drinks which commonly cause heartburn and hyperacidity, such as citrus fruits, chocolate, peppermint, spearmint, tomatoes, raw yellow onion, garlic, black pepper, oil and fried food, spicy foods, coffee, carbonated beverages and alcohol.
18. Relax: Reduce stress and avoid a hectic lifestyle, which is a frequent cause for heartburn and hyperacidity symptoms.
Hyperacidity and heartburn is an often neglected condition. Trying these remedies will definitely help you cope with this problem.